Mass Burial Being Considered For Victims Of Kintampo Accident

 Mass Burial Being Considered For Victims Of Kintampo Accident

The Municipal Chief Executive MCE of Kintampo, Michael Osei Baffour says they are considering a mass burial for the charred bodies of the victims in an accident that occurred this morning on the Kintampo-Buipe highway in the Bono East region.

According to him, it will be difficult for family members to identify the bodies of the deceased, but he hopes health authorities will put in place some measure for identification and collection.

“We don’t have any option excerpt to maybe find out from medical people if they have a way by which we can decipher one body from the other, otherwise we will have no option left to us than to visit what happened last year, ‘mass burial’. It is quite unfortunate”, he said.

kingdom garlic bitters
KINGDOM GARLIC BITTERS

He says he is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring the bodies are in good condition pending mass burial or collection by the families.

But Mr. Osei Baffour says they will thread cautiously so they don’t get any illegal issues from families from the victims.

Around 3:00 am Monday morning, a Yutong bus reportedly collided with a mini Sprinter bus with registration number AS 1801-18 causing both vehicles to go up in flames killing 30 of the passengers in both buses.

The Yutong bus according to reports veered off its lane while trying to overtake another vehicle but ended up crashing into the sprinter bus.

Others who managed to escape with various degrees of burns have been rushed to the Kintampo and Techiman Hospitals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.