The gruesome murder of Nana Fodour, Asamponhene of Kumasi and the owner of a popular pub in Kumasi known as X5 pub was announced on Sunday evening at about 4:30pm.
Nana Fodour was murdered in his vehicle while he was traveling on the Ejura – Nkoranza road.
According to the police officers, they received a distress call about a car being involved in an accident but when they arrived at the scene, they found Nana Fodour in a pool of blood.
Well,here are some five(5) facts you need to know about the gruesomely murdered Nana Fodour
- He was a direct relative of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
- As the Asamponhene of Kumasi, his role was to lead war for the Asantehene and moves ahead of the retinue of the Asantehene.
- He owned the popular X5 pub at Ashanti New Town in Kumasi near the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Ashanti Regional office.
- The attackers reportedly also attempted to set the vehicle ablaze.
- He was the owner of Sikka FM in Kumasi.