34 C
Ghana
Saturday, March 2, 2024
HomeEntertainmentTravis Scott And Astroworld Organisers Sued For $750m

Travis Scott And Astroworld Organisers Sued For $750m

Date:

Related stories

Passage of anti-gay bill: It’s a sad day for Ghana’s democracy – Audrey Gadzekpo

The Center for Democratic Development’s (CDD-Ghana) board chair, Audrey...

I taught Florence Obinim how to sing – Naa Agyemang reveals

Veteran Highlife musician Naa Agyemang has indicated he contributed...

Senseless Movie Is Better Than Pornography” – Shatana Slams Martha Ankomah

Philanthropist and female songstress, Shatana has replied famed actress,...

LBO Featherweight Champion “Ashanti Warrior” Presents Title to Otumfuo Osei Tutu II

On February 18, 2024, LBO Featherweight Champion Stanley Nyantakyi gladly presented his title to Monarch Otumfuo Osei Tutu II at the year's second Akwasidae celebration. Nyantakyi, also known as the Asante Warrior, retained his unbeaten record by knocking out Togo's Komlangan Hounkpatin in his first international fight in Accra on February 3, 2024, to capture the LBO Featherweight title. Accompanied by his management team, Osibo Boxing Management and Promotion, Nyantakyi requested permission to incorporate the return leg of his bout into activities planned for Otumfuo's Silver Jubilee in the following months. The match will be held in Kumasi. Born and bred in Kumasi, Nyantakyi migrated to...

MATTHEW OPOKU PREMPEH WILL BEST COMPLEMENT BAWUMIA – NPP NATIONAL YOUTH WING

The National youth Wing of the governing New Patriotic...
spot_imgspot_img

More than 125 people who were caught up in the deadly Astroworld music festival crush have sued rapper Travis Scott and other organizers for $750m (£556m).

The family of Axel Acosta, 21, one of the 10 victims, are among those bringing the legal case in the US.

It claims Scott and guest star Drake kept performing despite accounts of “lifeless bodies being passed through the crowd.

Scott has said he was not aware of the tragedy until coming off stage.

Last week, the rapper said he was “distraught” by the events in Houston, Texas, on 5 November, and promised to “provide aid” to every affected family.

Fellow rapper Drake has said his “heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone else who is suffering”.

Papers filed in the US also name festival promoters Live Nation; technology giant Apple, which streamed the concert; Scott’s record labels Epic and Cactus Jack; the operators of Houston’s NRG Park venue; and firms who provided security and medical services.

The case claims that Acosta was “crushed by the incited, unruly and out-of-control crowd” and lay dying while the music continued for almost 40 minutes.

“Certainly, neither Travis Scott nor his handlers, entourage, managers, agents, hangers-on, promoters, organizers, or sponsors cared enough about Axel to make even a minimal effort to keep him and the others at the concert safe,” it said.

After the concert, Scott said on Instagram that he “could just never imagine the severity of the situation” while he was performing.

Live Nation said in a statement: “We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time.”

Other defendants did not respond directly to requests for comment from US media.

Dozens of cases have already been filed by survivors and families of those who died.

Lawyer Tony Buzbee said he intends to file another case soon with 100 more plaintiffs.

Source: BBC

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

spot_img